Happy weekend! Today we have the amazing and bubbly Jess! Jess is a student vet… prepare to be incredibly jealous!
Who are you?
Hi! My name’s Jess aka ‘The Baby-vet’ a vet student and blogger from the UK!
What’s your blog address? What’s the name of your blog?
My Blog is called ‘Travels of a Baby-vet’ and here is the link to my site: http://travelsofababy-vet.com/
When did you start?
I began blogging about two years ago now and have since then never looked back!
WHY did you start?
I started my blog as a sort of way for me to keep track of all the fantastic things I did at vet school and to hopefully inspire any budding vets in the making.
What sort of posts do you feature?
I blog about uni life, what its like being a vet student and my day to day rants and ramblings. While at uni I well and truly got the travel bug and discovered I can be a pretty good travel writer when I want to be! So now my blog spans a fair few topics and I have fun writing about anything I have a passion for!
Ever made yourself a blanket fort?
I have indeed made myself a blanket fort! It was one of our favourite pass-times as kids and me and my sisters have some very fond memories of crafting some pretty imaginative constructions. In fact when I’m lucky enough to have a house of my own I would love a library with an accompanying blanket fort – now that would be magical!
What 3 essentials would you have in your Blanket Fort?
My 3 blanket fort essentials would be:
- A stack of good reading material because what better way to enjoy a blanket fort than to curl up with a good book?
- Some snacks, then you would have no reason to leave when you got hungry … And lets face it, everything is made better by food!
- Good company, be it your much loved pet, your other half, a loved one or bestie, the best blanket fort would include my favourite people (and animals) in it!
Blogging can be a very personal thing… have you told your friends and family that you have a blog?
Yep! Everyone knows about my blog! I initially kept it quiet because like many of us, I was worried that what I’d wrote was a load of twaddle and couldn’t bare the embarrassment of people reading it if it was. However, slowly I became more confident and now I’m pretty proud of what I’ve achieved. Now I’m constantly spamming everyone with new posts – I bet they wish I was still shy about it!
What are your passions, what makes you happy?
Wow….So many things….
- My amazing friends and family – there’s never a dull moment or a stilted conversation when they’re around!
- My fur-baby Fred who’s always up to mischief and loves me unconditionally (especially if I’m carrying treats)
- Animals and all things veterinary – finally living a 5 year old’s pipe dream of becoming a vet and I’m absolutely pleased as punch with myself for getting this far! I can honestly say the passion has only grown during my time at vet school and I can’t wait to see how my career turns out!
- Blogging – I’d say it has unexpectedly moved up to the number one spot on my hobby list, its truly become my platform for venting, escaping life and sharing and re-living my most exciting moments.
- My other hobbies; horse riding, photography, netflix binging, reading and baking – A girl’s got to keep busy!
- Living in the countryside and being able to breathe fresh air and go walking with some of the best views in Yorkshire on my doorstep.
- Traveling in general – I love learning about new places and experiencing things I’ve never seen before. I feel the most alive and engaged when I’m traveling
wow…. There’s a lot that makes me happy haha! Well at least I’m easily pleased!
Describe your happy place for us.
My happy place is traveling the globe meeting new people, getting to see amazing animals in the wild, taking in some fantastic sites and immersing myself in another culture.
If you were a sweetie… what would you be?
If I was a sweet I’d be a sherbet lemon, a hard yet sweet exterior but bursting with excitement and fizz inside!
Want to be an Online Blanket Fort Featured Blogger? Drop me an email!