So, here’s the rules and my answers to her questions!
• Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog.
• Answer the questions.
• Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions.
• List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post
1. Who’s your favourite book villain and why?
Death from the Terry Pratchett Discworld series. Okay, he’s not *really* a villain but he’s DEATH so that’s horrible enough for me to class him in the category. All his dialogue is written IN CAPITALS SO YOU KNOW IT’S HIM. AND IN MY MIND IT GIVES WHAT HE’S SAYING A DEEP, DARK TONE THAT YOU JUST WOULDN’T MESS WITH. THAT SAID, I LOVE THE HUMOUR HE HAS…
“I meant,” said Ipslore bitterly, “what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?”
Death thought about it.
CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.”
2. What made you decide to start your blog?
Having too much time on my hands! I wasn’t working for a couple of months and in that time ploughed my way through a fair few books. I’ve always wanted to start a blog and that seemed like the perfect opportunity to start a blog about one of my favourite things! Now I’m here I’m regretting not starting sooner!
3. How do you decide which book to read next?
Like any good book-blogger I have a mountainous TBR pile. I *try* to read them in the order I got them… I really do. But then, something else comes along and pushes the TBR back again! If I don’t have an advance copy sitting to be read (they always take priority, I don’t take ARC’s that I’m not interested in) then I’ll base my decision on the size of the book. I try to read big book, little book, big book… just so I’ve got easy reads inbetween the monster- sized books!
4. What’s your favourite kind of blog post to read?
I love reading reviews by other bloggers of books I’ve read. Seeing what they thought and getting an insight into bits I might have missed!
5. What’s your favourite kind of blog post to write?
I love doing tags, even though they are the ones that take me the longest to do! I also like doing posts I can just bash out quickly and get them up. I think these will mostly be opinion posts.
6. Is there a book you wish you’d never read?
When I was at primary school I read a book of ghost stories (it was aimed at kids so wasn’t really scary). At the time it was the most terrifying thing I’d read and gave me nightmares for weeks 😂😂
7. Do you prefer to do your book shopping and browsing online or in a bookshop?
Online is safer as I’m less likely to impulse buy. But bookshops? Oh bookshops… once I’ve picked a book up and think I might like it, that’s it, it’s coming home.
8. What’s your all time favourite book?
Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.
There’s a competition on my Twitter to win a copy of my favourite book – head over and like the pinned post to enter!
9. What’s your favourite comfort food?
My mums homemade macaroni cheese. Or beans on toast.
10. If you were writing a book, what would it be about?
I don’t think I have a book in me. But if I did it’d be about a cat. A cats view of the world.
11. Which book character do you hate to love & love to hate?
Harry Potter. I’m not in the fandom but can appreciate they are very good stories.
Tagging: Sleepy Sam Reads | Books & Geekiness | Lizbies Nerdy World | She Writes About It | Adventures In Lit | Imogen Chloe | Emma-R | Reader Voracious | Jenniely | Books Nest | A Cat, A Book, and A Cup of Tea
Here’s your questions!
- What are you reading right now?
- Do you count your TBR read as books you actually have in your possession or as your dream reading list?
- Describe your perfect reading spot.
- Bookmark or dogear?
- What is the first book you remember reading as a child?
- What’s the one book that has had the most effect on you?
- Favourite book fandom?
- Who is your book-crush?
- Books that change their cover when a movie is released based on the book – discuss.
- You’re stranded on a desert island – what book would you take?
- If you could meet any author, living or dead, who would it be and why?