What exactly is a Mystery Blogger Award??
Created by Okoto Enigma the explanation is as follows:
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
So… that’s all rather flattering!
Anyway, the rules… where would we be without rules:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question (specify).
Three Things About Me
1) I am owned by 2 Maine Coon cats. They are mother and daughter and are my fur-children. Mia is the brown tabby and Lily is the ginger. Maine Coons are the largest breed of domestic cats and are supposed to be the most intelligent but my 2 seem to have missed that bit of their evolution… beautiful but stupid.
2) I didn’t have a proper sunshine beach holiday until I was 31 years old! It just wasn’t something that I’d gotten round to until I met my husband. We went for a week in Rhodes in 2013 and I was converted to sitting on a sun-lounger, beside the pool, with a cocktail – what better way to spend a week??
3) My husband and I got married in a Treehouse. We wanted something a little bit different for our wedding and we certainly got it!
Questions from Cafe Manon
What is your favourite book and/or movie?
If you’ve read my blog before or know me at all then you’ll know by now that my favourite book is Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. My favourite movie is Amelie.
If you would start another blog, what would it be about?
I wouldn’t start another blog – this one is enough! Can you imagine the admin and time involved in running more than one!
What would your perfect job be?
Anything to do with cats. I’ve always said that the perfect job for me would be running a high-end guest house with a cattery attached – so people can take their cats on holiday with them!
Which three items are always in your bag when you go out?
My house keys, my purse and my phone – standard.
What is your favourite quote?
Wherever you’re going, never take an eejit with you. You can always pick one up when you get there.
Questions from James @ Up with a Book
Bright, shocking pink.
Most embarrassing moment?
Erm… Seeing Eddie Izzard walk past us when we went to see the Monty Python show in London a few years back. I stood up and pretty much screamed “EDDIE” while manically waving my phone at him. He very politely said he wasn’t doing pictures and quickly walked away. I like to think he was very busy and that he wasn’t freaked out by the wild Scottish woman squealing at him…
(Weird question) What is a seemingly normal scenario where you actually feel terribly awkward?
Supermarket checkouts. Do you speak? Do you not? How much do you say? Self-Scan has been a wonderful invention.
What’s that one book that you read where you can claim you were a fan BEFORE it went all cool?
I honestly don’t think I have one of these!
You meet someone. It feels … off. You’re already starting to not like them. Do you give it time or trust your instincts?
RUN FOR THE HILLS. I don’t often take an instant dislike to someone but when I do there’s usually a reason.
- What was your best ever holiday?
- Snog, Marry, Avoid. Guys Version – Rachel, Phoebe, Monica. Girls Version – Joey, Chandler, Ross.
- You’re on your own camping in the scary woods, it’s 2am, you hear a noise, a twig snaps, a cough outside your tent. Do you go and investigate?
- What came first – the chicken or the egg?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
Sam Sleepy Sam Reads
Kaleena Reader Voracious
Rebekah Rebekah Gillian
Suzy Derbyshire Duckie
Lizbie Lizbie’s Nerdy World
Bibi Bibi’s Book Blog
Emily Yes Whale